1.03.2014

Yogurt, Bananas & Chia Seeds

picture source: pinterest

Need a quick and easy breakfast or snack?  It is actually so good you could have it as a dessert.  The best part is...it's healthy!!

I saw the picture on pinterest and it had a caption description, but the link was a dead end, so unfortunately I can't give credit to where credit is due.  If this is yours...please let me know so I can properly link you up.

All I did was greek yogurt (plain, no fat), sliced banana, chia seeds and honey.  It was perfect with the bit of crunch from the chia.  If you're not a fan of the crunch, just let the yogurt and seeds sit for a bit and they will soften up.

I'm not well educated on chia seeds, I just know they are super healthy.  I've used both dark and light seeds.  I'm not sure if there is nutritional difference and I haven't noticed a taste difference, but I use whatever I have on hand.

Any chia seed experts out there?

None the less...I dig em.  Throw them in smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt...wherever you can.  I've pinned a few recipes with chia seeds I'm excited to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment