7.25.2012

Black Bean and Rice Stuffed Peppers

picture source same as recipe source



I recently had a girl's night at my house.  I was craving a Mexican fiesta, but didn't want to make something I always make...I wanted to try something new.


Enter...stuffed peppers.


Okay...these were so good and you know what....they were even better heated up as left overs for lunch a couple of days later.


When I made mine, I made way too much filling, so guess what us ladies made for breakfast the next morning...


That's right!  Breakfast burritos.  We put the filling in a large skillet and cracked in a bunch of eggs.  Then we heated up corn tortillas and cheese in another skillet, added the filling, some fresh salsa and guacamole...DELICIOUS!  


So you get two meals out of one...who doesn't love that?


Go visit Simply Life for the recipe.


I did make some changes...of course, right?


- I used white basmati rice and cooked it in my rice cooker.

- I forgot to add the corn and lime juice

- I did broil step in the oven earlier in the day and when I went to take the skin off, it wasn't coming off as easy as it normally does, so I left it on.  Next time, I would skip this entire step

- Instead of doing mine in the oven, I bbq'd them....who doesn't love a good char?


That's it!


Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment