6.20.2012

Garlic Lemon Shrimp with Arugula and Spaghetti



No picture source.


No recipe source.


If this is your picture, please...lemme know and I will link it back to you.


I saw this on Pinterest and pinned it right away, I mean...look how good it looks!!  When I went to go to the actual recipe, the pin I had didn't work.  Pinterest kept going to a grey page saying "sorry blah blah blah" (not in those exact words).


Since I'm pretty awesome, I decided to try and make my own version of it anyways.


This might kill the people who need to follow a recipe, but for the free spirits like myself, here's how I made mine.


I put a bit of butter and olive oil in a large skillet...I really could have omitted the butter...not too sure why I even used it, I never use butter.


I added thinly sliced onions, minced garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper.  When the onions were sort of cooked, I added the shrimp. 


I live life on the edge and had a little bit of plain greek yogurt left, so I decided to add that too.


I tasted it and it needed more flavour, so I added more salt, pepper, and lemon juice.


When all it was all cooked and smiling at me, I added whole wheat spaghetti and a bunch of arugula.


Mixed it all and served it.


It was really good!!  I also had it left over the next day for lunch...still good!!


See...you don't need a recipe...just play....take risks....be craaaazy.


Or not.


Whatever works for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment