6.04.2012

Avacado, Apple and Arugula Salad

picture source same as recipe source


This salad will definitely fall into my summer salad rotation.  Easy, delicious and well...delicious.  I pretty much loved it and so did everyone else I served it too.


I didn't make too many changes.  I didn't have any fresh lemons so I just used lemon juice in the dressing.  I also used an old fashioned grainy mustard instead of a honey mustard because that is also what I had on hand.


For the actual salad I used white onion because I didn't have red onion (I do prefer red onions though).  I didn't mince it, I cut the onion in half and then did thing slices so they were like onion strings.  I find minced onion just sinks to the bottom of the salad anyways.


And that's the only changes I made.  It was soooo good.


Did I mention it was delicious?  Refreshing!  I made a huge amount and there weren't any leftovers!


Check out Shutterbean for the recipe.





No comments:

Post a Comment